About this Course
This course introduces participants into how to input data on excel and export them into the SPSS program for the various analysis that may be of interest to them. It does further introduce them into Creating Charts, Data Editor, How to enter Numeric Data, Entering String Data, Adding value labels for string variables, Handling Missing Data, Handling a Missing Numeric Value, Calculating mean, median, and standard deviation, Defining variables and Statistics, Exporting Results to Microsoft word and Excel files and Multiple Regression Analysis Using SPSS.
Every topic in this course is explained in detail through comprehensive video materials. From start to finish, you will be shown, step by step, how you can use the IBM SPSS software to tackle data analytical problems. The version of SPSS taught in this course is version 22. It is advised you have a copy of this software installed on your learning computer to enable you follow closely with the instructor.
At the end of this course, you will know how to:
- Input and export data from excel into SPSS.
- Explain the various output windows on the program and where various results are found.
- Create charts and input data in the variable window (data editor).
- Change variable type and values when inputting data into SPSS.
- To handle issues of missing data and what to do to correct it.
- To learn how to input data from a questionnaire (Survey).
- To learn how to calculate mean, median and standard deviation of the variables in the model.
- To create a histogram chart of variables of interest.
- Define variables and statistics.
- Create a relationship among variables.
Certificate of Proficiency
A Certificate of Proficiency is awarded to you at successful completion of courses designed to prepare you for a new career or enhance your skill set. This empowers you to be more productive and marketable in today's global market.
Course Prerequisites / Requirements
This course has no strict requirements. Anyone is qualified to take this course so long as the student is familiar with taking online courses on the platform. Once registered in this course, you will be required to complete activities such as assignments or quiz in order to proceed. The course has been structured in a way to promote ease of understanding. You must be dedicated in this course; you should spend at least an average of 2 hour per day on this course.